Online privacy practices
We are committed to safeguarding your privacy online and striking a fair balance between protecting your personal privacy and ensuring you obtain full value from the internet and other products and services we may be able to market to you. We will only collect, store and use your personal information for specific purposes. We use your personal information to support and enhance our relationship with you.
We are fully registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 and ensure we comply with all protection the Act affords to you. Further information on the Act is at www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk.
The SupaSonic website is owned and operated by SupaJam Limited. You may contact us at any time with any privacy questions or concerns and to see the personal information you have given us and request correction.
When an artist or a licensee (the person purchasing a licence to use the music available on our website) registers with SupaSonic, we ask for information such as name, email address, postal address, contact details and other personal information, and we keep a record of this information. All this is necessary so we can recognise you as a registered user of our website, pass on the correct details with your order and ensure that you are happy with the service you receive. We keep a record of any purchases made on our website as well as a record of any email correspondence you send us, so we can track any problems or concerns you may have.
We’ll also ask you questions at registration, and from time to time by email, that will give us information that will be used to improve your experience with SupaSonic. You do not have to answer these questions, but if you do we can communicate with you in a more relevant way.
If you would like to revise the information you have provided to us, or feel that what we currently have on record is incorrect, you may update the information by emailing: email@example.com.
How we use your personal data
All the information we collect via our website or through correspondence with you is used to operate and improve the service we offer you and to personalise our service. We are committed to using your personal information only for:
1. planning and managing SupaSonic’s business activities, including analysis of users’ activity, use of the website and preferences;
2. technical administration of our website and preparing user profiles;
4. providing you with information about the services and products we offer, new products or new services;
5. letting you know about offers and news from SupaSonic;
6. letting you know about offers, news and products from partner stores on our website;
7. occasionally letting you know about offers from other companies who we believe may interest you, either by sending out the information ourselves to you directly, or by providing certain details to other companies so they may contact you directly;
8. to verify your account details or details of your payment method or credit card account; and
9. passing on certain personal information of artists to licensees for the purposes of enabling them to licence the music available through the SupaSonic service.
During your registration process you are given the opportunity to select some of the ways in which we may use your details.
These are the only circumstances in which where we may share some of your data with others:
2. to outside research companies whom we may ask to contact you directly for your opinions on our service, and our partners’ products and services (in which case we provide them with only the information they need to perform their function);
3. we occasionally make names, addresses and email addresses available to companies whose products we think may interest you, unless you have subsequently withdrawn that permission;
4. if we are requested by the police or a regulatory or government authority investigating illegal activities to provide information concerning your activities whilst using the network we shall do so; and
5. to enable you to obtain access to any restricted parts of certain service providers’ information or to enable you to receive information you have requested to be sent to you by post or to enable you to receive a paid for service.
Trading from our website
Making sure you can interact safely online is a priority for us and we have made strenuous efforts to ensure that security is one of our highest priorities. We have devoted a great deal of effort to ensure that our online security measures help to safeguard your information. We use industry-standard Secure Socket Layering (SSL) technology to allow for the encryption of:
- potentially sensitive information such as your name and address; and
- critically-sensitive information like your credit card number.
When the letters “http” in the URL change to “https”, the “s” indicates you are in a secure area employing SSL; also, your browser may give you a pop-up message that you are about to enter a secure area or display a padlock image.
We hope that once you understand the measures we take to help ensure secure transactions and privacy, and the steps you can take yourself, you will be as happy about the safety of your online interaction as we are. Please note that email is not encrypted and is not considered to be a secure means of transmitting credit card information.
A cookie is a small text file that a website can send to your computer’s browser. It is like an internet user’s identification card, which tells a website when a user is re-visiting the site. Their ability is limited to containing and transferring to the website as much information as the users have disclosed to that site. Cookies can’t read or interfere with other information saved on your hard drive. The SupaSonic website (in common with most other websites where ecommerce occurs) will not work without cookies.
Data over the internet
The internet is a global network, so it is possible for your data to travel internationally, which may include places outside the European Union. If you visit or transact on SupaSonic, you are agreeing and authorising us to process data in this way.
How we protect information
You acknowledge that the internet is not a 100% secure medium for communication and, accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you send to us (or we send to you) via the internet. We are not responsible for any damages which you, or others, may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of such information.
We take every precaution to protect your information. To this end all personal information stored by us is kept on a server in a secure environment. Only employees, our partners and any sub-contractors who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information.
How you can help us protect your information
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online in non-protected environments - for example on message boards, through email, or in chat areas - that information can be collected and used by others.
In short, if you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return. Also remember to close your browser window when you have finished your work. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet Café.
How to unsubscribe
If you no longer wish to receive any further email messages, post or other communications from us or you no longer wish to be contacted by other companies who you permitted us to provide your details to then please unsubscribe via any link in the email we sent you, email firstname.lastname@example.org or change your account settings accordingly.
You can be removed from our lists at any time, although this can take up to 30 days to effect.
Third party links
Further information on data protection and personal privacy
To see all the information we have about you, and to correct any inaccuracies, please write to us at:
The Data Protection Manager, SupaJam Limited, 37 Warren Street, London, W1P 5PD
Use of the SupaSonic website is also subject to our Terms and Conditions
SupaJam Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registered number 6002310.